Sunday, January 10, 2010

I want to live in a kitchen

Well actually, I want to live in the kitchen at Leila’s café in Shoreditch near Columbia Road market.

With its open workspace, industrial cabinetry and perfect Melbourne-style coffee, it would be my ideal place to cook and eat, entertain and live.

The kitchen would house every kitchen appliance, gadget and importantly magazine and cookbook, I own and desire to own. The wooden ranks would hold plates old and new, glassware, platters and bowls.

The benches would be my library and display area from a book of M.K.Fisher’s letters to framed menus that I have collected (or should I say liberated) from restaurants and cafes where I have eaten. Overhead would be the crowning glory of pots and pans, large cooking instruments.

From the kitchen and simply divided by a wooden bar, I could look upon the living area with a large table for entertaining.

A perfect world.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow! I'd love to be in a kitchen like that too!

Chasing Paradise said...

I am catching up on your blog, and as always, I am charmed by the content and execution. Nice to see that you did a combo of the unchartered and safe waters in the Christmas lunch, and I enjoyed the pictures from Christmas in Munich! We went to Aachen for our Christmas market, but that's so close for us, just an hour on the train.
Miss you, hope you're well, and maybe we can Skype one of these days!?
x
Jane