Saturday, September 16, 2006

A simple supper

There is nothing better or more satisfying than a perfect Saturday night supper. To be a true supper it has to be a simple affair. Quick to make and satisfying, leaving you with a feeling of contentment.

I knew what I wanted and found everything I needed at Borough Market. This is a foodie market - full of good quality, artisan produce with its stalls of cheeses, breads, cakes, meats and fish from across the UK, France, Spain and Italy. I wasn't alone in my quest for the perfect meal. Everyone seems to have a basket in hand in search of their own perfect Saturday night dinner.

Dinner proved a simple affair - mushrooms on toast. A classic easy dish if ever there was one. Oyster mushrooms sauteed in olive oil with garlic. Seasoned with fresh flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper. Served on a crisp Swiss brown loaf.

Everything courtesy of Borough Market. What can I say: Delicious.

No comments: